The use of Sportsa is governed by your agreement to the following policies
Effective 1 January 2018. Last Revised 20 August 2018
Sportsa is a platform for communities to discuss, connect, and share in an open environment. The nature of this content might be funny, serious, offensive, or anywhere in between. While participating, it's important to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others so that we all may continue to enjoy Sportsa for what it is.
Your content is your content, you are solely responsible for anything that you submit to Sportsa whether it is text, a file or a link or anything else. If you submit anything that breaches our policies, the law where you live, or anything else and we're involved, then any incurred costs will be passed onto you and any information we have may be passed onto the complainant for them to pursue. Your privacy rights are not affected. Anything you submit to Sportsa will be considered public, and is not private, personal, restricted, contains another persons intellectual property or anything else that is not yours to legally and responsibily submit.
While Sportsa generally provides a lot of leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these were written, and know that looking for loopholes is a waste of time.
Content is prohibited if it
- Is illegal
- Is pornography
- Is sexual or suggestive content
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Uses Sportsa to solicit or facilitate any transaction or gift involving certain goods and services
- Is spam
In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviors are prohibited on Sportsa
- Asking for likes, votes or engaging in vote or like manipulation
- Breaking Sportsa or doing anything that interferes with normal use of Sportsa
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace should be tagged as NSFW. This tag can be applied to individual pieces of content or to entire communities or circles.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Adding restrictions to Sportsa circles, such as adding NSFW tags or Quarantining
- Removal of content
- Banning of Sportsa communities and circles
Moderation within communities and circles
Individual communities or circles on Sportsa may have their own rules in addition to ours and their own moderators to enforce them. Sportsa provides tools to aid moderators, but does not prescribe their usage.